The Receptionist is responsible for creating a positive first impression on behalf of the Agency, serving as a first point-of-contact for all visitors and phone calls to the office.
This following list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities based on business necessity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as a professional member of the Agency, conducting all interactions on behalf of the Company with the highest levels of trust, integrity and mutual respect.
- Serve as a positive example, promoting the core values and core hospitality of the Company.
- Greet visitors to the office in a friendly, courteous and professional manner and promptly direct them to the proper person.
- Answer phone calls within three rings and promptly transfer the call to the correct individual.
- Record and forward accurate messages with all pertinent information.
- Prepare outgoing mail with the appropriate postage and sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Train temporary or relief receptionists to ensure proper coverage of the front desk.
- Work with IT to arrange equipment service, changes or repairs by vendors, as directed.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized reception area.
- Maintain effective communication with all employees and reinforce the culture of the Company.
- Promote a positive morale and a philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Maintain effective communication with team members and support the culture of the Company, honoring our core values of Tell the Truth, Work Hard, Have Fun!
Education & Experience
The following are the minimum requirements for the position, which may be satisfied by an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma is required.
- At least 2 years of demonstrated successful experience as a receptionist or administrative professional is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The following are the minimum requirements for performing the essential functions of the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple incoming phone calls and visitors appropriately.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work a regular schedule during normal office hours, Monday – Friday.
- Ability to report to work on time and as scheduled, opening the office if no one else has yet arrived.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform the duties of their position in the event they are required to operate a company vehicle and driving record must meet the requirements of the company auto insurance policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to regularly read from a computer, tablet or smartphone device; and to operate a motor vehicle in order to run a work-related errand on a rare occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- This position operates in a fast-paced, business-casual office environment with a moderate noise level. The employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions throughout the year only during rare work-related travel.
- This position may be requested to run a work-related errand on rare occasion within the local area. Possession of a current and valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and personal liability motor vehicle insurance is required to run work-related errands.
Lee Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Accordingly, all employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. These decisions include recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, discipline, compensation, benefits, training, and other personnel actions involving persons in all job titles and shall occur without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.