The Sales Advisor is responsible for revenue generation, developing and maintaining new client relationships and partnerships, and aggressively developing and executing sales goals.
This following list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities based on business necessity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and execute an aggressive annual sales plan in alignment with the Company’s vision and growth goals.
- Strategically target your prospective clients and partners, developing and executing strong process goals, including but not limited to our 5 steps of the sales process: Contacts, interviews, info gather, present, close. Target your prospects in a fashion that generates the maximum results whether it be cold calls, networking, conferences, referrals or other.
- Develop and execute high retention goals for your clients and partners.
- Develop & present strategic proposals, in a timely fashion per our no surprise approach, for prospective clients, partners and client renewals, tailoring to their specific needs.
- Seek and develop coverage knowledge with a goal of being the expert and best in niche. As approved by your supervisor, pursue continuing education, trainings, certifications and designations.
- Lead and execute upon our credo of We Make Hard Times Easier at claim time. Claim time is our time to shine! Deliver top notch performance in times of crisis and be a calm in the storm.
- Develop and maintain strong carrier relationships and maximize our partnership potential.
- Adhere to our Company’s policies, procedures and practices for new business.
- Establish servicing procedures for designated accounts as necessary.
- Utilize relationships or product expertise to assist in marketing accounts.
- Ensure documentation of all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all sensitive information.
- Serve as a professional representative, conducting all interactions internally and externally reinforcing the culture of the Company, honoring our core values of Tell the Truth, Work Hard, Have Fun!
Education & Experience
The following are the minimum requirements for the position, which may be satisfied by an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years of demonstrated successful experience in insurance sales is preferred.
The following are minimum requirements for the position.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the applicable licenses required to place insurance in applicable states, as required by each state’s Department of Insurance, within 90 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The following are the minimum requirements for performing the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to lead.
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiating skills and experience.
- Ability to identify issues and implement solutions.
- Ability to think strategically.
- High drive and initiative.
- Team-oriented with excellent customer service, networking and overall relational skills.
- Ability to successfully prioritize multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including evenings and weekends, on a frequent basis.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance and liability coverage included in his/her personal auto insurance policy.
- Must be able to perform the duties of their position which requires operating a Company vehicle.
- Must have a driving record that meets requirements of Company auto insurance policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; talk or hear; stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to regularly read from a computer, tablet or smartphone device; and to regularly operate a motor vehicle when traveling for business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- This position operates in a fast-paced, business-casual office environment with a moderate noise level. The employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions throughout the year during work-related travel.
This position requires regular travel outside of the office dependent on the radius of the Sales Advisor’s current and prospective accounts. To accommodate for renewals, presentations, and conventions, frequent travel outside normal working hours should be expected, including out-of-town, overnight and air travel for training and industry-specific opportunities.