The Account Manager assists in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. He/she provides prompt, efficient, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities.
A person in the Account Manager position is expected to perform the following essential functions:
- Receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies; completes changes/requests within 24 hours of receipt; determines acceptability and placement; completes applications or endorsements; and collects premium when applicable
- Conducts periodic service calls for designated accounts
- Processes claims and follows up on outstanding claims, providing assistance in their resolution, as necessary; and seeks help from Producer when problems arise
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency, and company personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions
- Performs special projects at the request of designated clients after being approved by Producer. Binders and/or policy or endorsement requests are to be completed within three days of date quoted to client
- Documents all material conversations with insures regarding exposures, coverages, claims, etc.
- Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action to be taken, and takes action within 72 hours
- Handles premium collection through form letters and requests cancellation of policies when necessary
- Reviews updated client exposure survey information and obtains information from the insured and gathers risk management recommendations within a certain time prior to renewals of designated accounts
- Reviews renewals to determine if a rewrite is needed to a different carrier due to non-renewals, access to standard markets, or better premium and/or coverage and submits applications at least 30 days prior to renewal
- Secures and submits required renewal underwriting information
- Delivers renewals and/or binders for designated accounts, as needed, within five days of receipt
- Makes Producer aware when contact is needed with the client regarding claims, renewals, issues, new policies, etc.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance or increases in limits and/or coverage should be solicited, throughout the policy year and at renewal
- Solicits expiration dates for policies not written by the agency and gives to Producer to pursue
- Performs other functions as assigned by the Producer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience Qualifications
This position requires a high school diploma, with an associate’s degree or two years of customer service experience preferred.
The Account Manager must obtain licenses in all lines that he/she works in.